Tuesday, July 15, 2008


Hey Everyone,So as many of you may know, in May I went on a mission trip to Tinca, Romania to do mission work with the gypsies there. In short, the gypsies are the most hated people group in Romania, not counted in the country's population, hated by the government, and considered the lowest form of life. (For more information please visit fmnministries.org) We went to show God's love to them, and show them Christ through our love, actions, and service. We had an amazing trip, and knew that lots was accomplished for Christ, however, we just received an email from Rachel, the leader of Forget Me Not Ministries, and our contact while in Romania, who told us what has been going on since we left Romania. It is amazing, and I'm blown away and in tears over God's goodness and faithfulness to the Gypsy people, and the way He used us to reach them....please enjoy this email!


Dear BrandonI wanted to give you a quick Tinca update. I think I told you, but afteryou all left, I received lots of feed back from the Gypsies and they kepttalking about how they saw that you all had "true faith in Christ," unlikethat of what they have in the village with their 2 Gypsies pastors. Rodica(one of our employees) began crying as she told me how moving it was to beable to watch the Jesus Film next to you all, and how everyone was cryingthe next morning about how you all simply rub their arm or back to comfortthem. Amazing how such simple touch and comfort would leave such animpression on them.In other news, regarding those some who gave their lives to Christ thatevening and others who are no longer putting up with the corruption oftheirchurches....there has been a group of 25 people begin meeting, praying,and worshipping together - a small church! They are ones who want the faiththat they saw in you all, and are longing for that closer relationship.Forthe moment, I have bought them a cd player and then I just purchase PastorCiuciui's sermon cds each week for them to listen to. Pastor is going tomeet with them soon to see about getting them a leader for their churchand several other issues, of course, that would need to be addressed. It'samazing to see God work in the village and cause a spiritual hunger sogreat among the people. It is a ripple effect of the impact that you all madewhile you were here!!I'll keep you updated as God contiues to blow our minds! Hope you and fuel are having an amazing summer and experiencing God's goodness!


Be blessed!

Rach


The "pastors" of the "churches" (I use that term loosely because of the corruption that goes on in the village between pastors and churches), are so corrupt that the people are fed up and ready to experience God at His very core and heart. They are taking it upon themselves to experience God for themselves in His true form! About 20 people accepted Christ on our last night there, and these people have continued to seek God and meet and pray together!! Starting a small church! AHHHHHH!!!!!!!


SHUT UP!!!! God used 126 college students to plant a church across the world!? Who even knew what an impact we would have on them? I am so humbled it is unbelievable...God has rocked my world from all I experienced from that trip already, and now this! I am continually blessed! And He chose ME to go and be His hands and feet for this purpose! Whatever!!! I don't even know what to say....but I am in awe. My God is amazing, although amazing seems insufficient to describe His magnitude and awesome power. I am continually amazed, blessed, humbled, and in awe of my Savior! The God of America, the God of Romania, and the God of the gypsies in Tinca! AMEN!!!!!

1 comment:

emily said...

this is soo fantastic amanda.

i love you