Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Blind Faith

With my graduation from Illinois State rapidly approaching, it has come to my attention that it is time to start preparing myself for life after college. What a crazy thought! All I have ever known in life was going to school, having a part time job, and hanging with friends. Soon enough, however, I will enter the "adult" world at a rapid pace and be expected to swim and not sink. If you know me at all, you know that I'm a worrier. I will spend countless hours in bed at night worrying about nothing, and then worrying about worrying too much. It's not healthy, and has been something that God has been dealing with me about in the last few months. Seeing has how I'm a bonafied worrier, you would think this whole job hunt, planning my life thing would stress me out a little bit, but surprisingly I have a calmness within me that I can't really explain. (Don't get me wrong, if you talk to my roomates they will tell you it hasn't always been like this....I do seem to remember several occasions of complete and utter brokeness and tears last semester)

For some reason, every time I begin to worry about my life, I am reminded that I serve a completely sovereign God who has my best interests in mind. Is that crazy? Yes! Is it hard to believe and fathom at times? Of course! Is it true? ABSOLUTELY! People keep asking me what I'm doing after college and I honestly have no answers for that at all. I can't answer because I simply don't know. Here's what I do know.....I have a fabulous degree from a nationally respected program and university, my passion in life is students, and I love a great big ginormous God who is going to use those things to create a fabulous life for me. So am I stressed? At times..... Am I worried? At times.... But in the end I won't be anywhere but smack dab in the middle of where He wants me to be, and that my friends excites and exhilerates me. Sometimes the Lord calls us to take faith steps....and I am ready to step out onto the raging sea and into the arms of my sovereign Savior.

No comments: